Medical BPM company enhances productivity by 30% through modernization of its workflow using Altysys’ advanced solutions
About the company
A California-based, leading healthcare business process outsourcing firm specializing in medical transcription, billing, claim processing, and revenue cycle management services for providers, clinicians, and QMEs/IMEs.
After two decades of serving global doctors and hospitals, the company aimed to further update the ERP system with novel technologies, offering clients and users seamless interaction. Their goal was to automate their document processing phase, which was
traditionally an essential but time-consuming process. The company wanted to optimize the workflow, enabling multiple individuals to collaborate effectively on ongoing tasks.
Therefore, the company enlisted the expertise of Altysys to –
- Develop cutting-edge products capable of executing tasks, such as word processing, editing, and system design
- Design an intricate workflow structure to facilitate simultaneous collaboration among numerous medical transcribers
- Effectively increase the volume of work delivered
After assessing the customer’s IT systems in depth, Altysys decided to re-engineer the application leveraging advanced technologies. The solutioning team –
- Opted for cloud native development with microservices architecture
- Redefined the UI/UX of the medical transcription application
- Automated the uploading and downloading of transcription files to and from the different cloud drives or file systems
- Automated the reading of files using OCR
- Deployed a transcription solution for audio files that converted speech to text
- Interpreted the medical information and categorized the data in notes, operative reports, patient records, consultations, and discharge summaries
- Improved time management and productivity of transcribers and QCs by 30%
- Reduced time spent in reading and interpreting medical transcriptions by physicians, resulting in better patient retention and increased patient volume
Altysys, founded by executives with several years of experience in technology consulting and services, is a provider of healthcare technology consulting and solutions. Headquartered in Bengaluru – India’s Silicon Valley, Altysys is a data and cloud-first company with deep expertise in health clouds, data interoperability, data analytics, GenAI and AI/ML enabled technology solutions, serving Payers, Providers, Health Techs, and Pharma.